I’ve been liking his psychedelic murals for a while, even though I very often confused him with Spendlove.
If I had a house, it would be painted like this inside out.
If I was loaded, it would hopefully be one my fav guys doing it, someone like this.
Why are not all houses happy with paint, deBlob was supposed to change everything.
Dutton (The Art Instinct, 2009) enumerates a list of twelve universal features of art that he argues are rooted in our evolved human nature:
1. the direct sense of pleasure a work of art provides;
2. the skill and virtuosity involved in its creation;
3. the presence of a recognizable style in which the artwork is made;
4. its novelty and originality;
5. its ability to generate critical judgment and appreciation;
6. its representation or imitation of real or imaginary experiences;
7. the way works of art are set apart from ordinary life and given special attention;
8. its expression of the individual personality of the artist;
9. its “emotional saturation,” or the ability of the work to incite emotions in its audience;
10. the intellectual challenge that it can provide for an audience;
11. the significance that the work has in an artistic tradition;
12. and finally, the imaginative experience that the work represents for its producer and evokes in its audience.
Portrait of the Artist as a Caveman, Micah Mattix
The wall was military dark green first. Then there was a chicken for a while. Now the wall is green again. Is this a metaphor for something, or is it just a form of communication?
I have finally discovered Clarion. I must have passed it million times, but never went in. I know, unbelievable. As my attention gradually shifts to street art in all forms, I look for it now, instead of coming across it, I deliberately look for it and shoot it.
The daily session was done at noon in not the best light, but the colors and shapes are vivid and sharp, overwhelming, overloading.